This quick and delicious miso soup can be served as a starter or enjoyed as a light meal at any time of the day. Our Organic Apple, Miso & Seaweed broth, gives a vegan-friendly* twist on this restaurant-favourite. The umami-rich, slowly-simmered broth is a perfect base for the silken tofu and beautifully balanced with spring onion.
*Note, due to the nature of the organic seaweed, the broth may contain a trace amount of molluscs and/or crustaceans.
Serves: 2 small bowls as a starter or 1 large bowl
Time: 12-15 minutes
*indicates optional ingredients
1 pouch (324g) of organic apple, miso & seaweed broth
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/2 pack (140g) organic tofu
chilli oil or a sprinkle of chilli flakes*
1. Prep the spring onions and cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes.
2. Heat the broth in a small, covered, saucepan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, immediately reduce the heat to a medium-low simmer.
3. Add the tofu and spring onions to the broth and simmer gently for a couple of minutes until the tofu is warmed through.
4. Add the spring onions and stir before immediately serving into small bowls.
5. Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and drizzle with chilli oil. Then enjoy!