• 3 spring onions
• 1 White onion
• 2cm ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 100g shiitake mushrooms
• Miso Paste
• Tamari Spices
• 1 pouch Borough Broth Co. Chicken Broth
• Shredded Roast Chicken
• Lime Juice
1. Add 3 sliced spring onions to a bowl of cold or iced water and refrigerate until the soup is ready.
2. Heat a large pan and add the oil.When the oil is hot, add 1 sliced white onion, 2cm ginger and 2 cloves of garlic and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes
3. Turn up the heat to medium and add 100g sliced shiitake mushrooms and
ginger and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
4. Add the miso, tamari, 1 pack of chicken stock, 500ml water and bring to the boil, skimming off any scum.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add in shredded leftover roast chicken and heat for another 5 minutes
6. Drain the spring onions from the water – they should be crisp.
Serve the soup garnished with the spring onion, sesame oil, Coriander and lime juice