Enjoy the umami savouriness of mushrooms, enhanced with a (reduced) Borough Broth Co Organic Free-Range Chicken Broth to make this quick and versatile dish, which can be served on toast, stirred into quinoa, dolloped onto a jacket potato, or even served alongside bacon, fried eggs and beans to make a delicious fry-up!
500g mushrooms (give or take), sliced ~1cm
1 sprig thyme
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
A knob of butter
A squeeze of lemon
1. Heat up some oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, throw in the mushrooms. Resist the urge to stir them - you’ll get lots of flavour if you let them get a nice golden crust. Once all the water has evaporated from the mushrooms, start stirring them so they develop that nice golden brown colour all over.
2. Add the thyme, shallot and garlic, stirring to get the shallot and garlic soft and a bit coloured.
3. Season with pepper
4. Add the broth to the pan. Boil down the broth, uncovered, until you are left with delicious glazed mushrooms.
5. Take the pan off the heat, and stir in the butter (be generous!)
6. Sprinkle with sea salt, a squeeze of some lemon, top with herbs of choice, and enjoy!